2019 Marching Southerners Drum Major Audition Information
2019 MARCHING SOUTHERNERS DRUM MAJOR AUDITIONS
Hello Southerners. The process has slightly changed for drum major auditions. If you are interested, please read below for the process and requirements. (Any current member in good standing that has completed the 2018 season as a member of The Marching Southerners is eligible to audition for a drum major position).
- You must submit a video recording of yourself conducting the 2017 Marching Southerners closer from “Angels Among Us,” to the band directors no later than 5 pm on October 18, 2018. You can view/print a score by clicking HERE. The video must be submitted electronically. (Email, Google Drive, YouTube link, etc…) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. (We are using Gmail accounts since they will receive larger files than our JSU email accounts) Again, the video MUST be sent to ALL THREE directors. To access an audio file of the 2017 closer, click HERE.
- You must sign up and attend an interview with the directors on October 25, 2018. Interviews will be conducted from 8:30 am – 10:30 am AND/OR 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Click HERE to register for an interview time.
- You must conduct a (recorded) selection of your own choice (limit 2 minutes) for the full staff and current section leaders on Thursday, November 8, 2018, @ 6:30 pm. (Prelims) (Your selection may not be the closer from the 2017 “Angels Among Us” production). You must provide your music file on a thumb drive. You should edit the music file so that it begins just a couple of measures before you would like to start conducting.
- The top six (6) candidates will be selected to advance to the “finals” audition process by combining the director’s scores (from the submitted video and the interview) along with the staff/section leader scores from prelims.
- The six (6) candidates that advance to the FINAL AUDITION will conduct the Marching Southerners live on Monday, November 12, 2018, @ 4:15 pm. The finalists will conduct either Stars Fell on Alabama or Salvation is Created and one selection of their own choosing from the 2018 Production of “When I Think of Home.”
- The membership of The Marching Southerners will vote for their top four candidates and the results will be made public at The Marching Southerners Band Banquet that will be held on Friday, November 16, 2018, at 7:00 pm – Leone Cole Auditorium.