2020 Marching Southerners Woodwind and Brass Audition Information
I hope that you are all well and enjoying your summer.
We have been busy here at JSU preparing for the fall semester. With the threat of social distancing because of COVID19, we are charged with being creative when planning for options with The Marching Southerners. I am sure that most of you have seen the video that was posted on our social media outlets explaining one of the options that we have for the fall. Please keep in mind, this is only an option. We are hoping that everything will be able to move forward as planned with the “Fate of the Gods” program for the 2020 Marching Southerners. .
If you have not watched the video, please view it. Here is a link: Southerners 2020 Option
If you play a woodwind or brass instrument, we will need you to submit your audition video by July 8 @ 5 pm. This will allow enough time for us to distribute members equally among the three bands (if we have to choose this option).
Here are the instructions for submitting your audition video.
That’s all there is to it!
- Download your audition music by scrolling to the bottom of this page and clicking on your instrument.
- Video record yourself playing the audition music and immediately (on the same video file) record yourself playing your chromatic scale so that we can hear your range. (Some instruments will have specific instruction on the audition music for the chromatic scale. If not, start on the lowest note comfortable for you and play to the highest note comfortable).
- Once you are happy with your recording, upload your video file to YouTube as an unpublished file. Once your file has uploaded, copy the link.
- Next, you must complete the audition form. Here is the link: AUDITION FORM
- Use your official name that is in the JSU system to register….no nicknames.
- Past your YouTube link where it asks for your audition link.
- Click submit.
- Once uploaded, a message will appear that will say thank you for your submission.
If you have any problem submitting the video file, please contact me!
Remember, in order to be considered for a spot with the 2020 Marching Southerners, you must submit your audition video by Monday, July 8 @ 5 pm (If you would like to submit it before then, that is perfectly fine)!
For those of you that need to check out a Mellophone, Baritone, or 20J…we will be holding instrument checkout at Bennett Field (Southerners Practice Field) on Saturday, June 13, 2020, from 9:00 AM until Noon. Please bring your student ID with you to check out an instrument.
Again, If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or your section leader! I can’t wait to get everyone on campus for band camp and get this season started. 2020 has been a rough year for all of us so far, but I have no doubt that when we all get back together…..THE MARCHING SOUTHERNERS will make everything seem so much better!
Have a great summer, be safe, and be well!
Click on your instrument below to download your audition music.
Alto, Tenor, and Bari Saxophone
If you are interested in auditioning for one of the concert bands in the fall (band scholarship holders are required to audition) Please click HERE for information.