WELCOME TO THE MARCHING SOUTHERNERS BARITONE LINE!
Hometown: Williamsport, Pennsylvania
High School: Piedmont High School
Message to Potential Members: Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be yourself! And always remember to have fun!
Hometown: Douglasville, Georgia
High School: Chapel Hill High School
Message to Potential Members: Don’t take anything for granted; you will meet some of the most amazing people and forge memories that will last a lifetime!
Dear prospective member,
We, as your 2023 section leaders, would like to thank you for expressing an interest in becoming a part of the Marching Southerners Baritone line! Preparations for the 2023 show have already been set in motion, and the upcoming season promises to be unforgettable.
Auditions will take place during the first two to three days of band camp and will be comprised of your overall marching ability, playing ability, and attitude. You will be evaluated across the full span of those days and placed within the section accordingly. The audition repertoire will likely be a mix of show music, traditional tunes, and a chromatic scale.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Can't wait to meet you!
Adelynn and Destin
1) Do we have to audition to make the baritone line? Yes, you do! The auditions are not meant to be stressful. They are a combination of marching technique, attitude, and playing ability. The section leaders will keep you informed about the music for auditions as we get closer to band camp.
Auditions will be held during band camp!
2) Do we need to wear anything specific to band camp? No, you don't! We recommend wearing light-weight clothes that you would exercise in. The only requirement is that you wear tennis shoes. Also, bring plenty of water!
3) Where do we meet for events such as Scholarship Auditions, Brass Day, J-Day Game, Band Camp? Contact your section leaders to find out the exact location. We attached a map of the campus that will hopefully make finding Mason Hall easier. http://www.jsu.edu/campusmap/?Mason_Hall_
4) Do you need to sign up for a specific class to be a part of the Marching Southerners? Yes. At orientation, you will need to sign up for either MU192 or 392. Once you do this, you will officially be enrolled in the Southerners. You MUST be signed up for the class to march.
5) Do we need sign up for band camp? Yes! You will sign up by clicking on the BAND CAMP REGISTRATION tab under "Events/Band Camp".
6) When are concert band auditions? Auditions for the fall semester happen after band camp and before school. There will be sign up sheets for these auditions about a week before they happen. Music for auditions will be posted around May!