WELCOME TO THE MARCHING SOUTHERNERS TROMBONE LINE!
Hometown: Albertville, Alabama
High School: Albertville High School
Message to Potential Members: Enjoy every moment at JSU because it will be over before you know it.
Hometown: Cedartown, Georgia
High School: Cedartown High School
Message to Potential Members: don’t stress yourself out. Take your time and enjoy what’s in the moment!
1) Do we have to audition to make the trombone line? Yes, you do! The auditions are not meant to be stressful. They are a combination of marching technique, attitude, and playing ability. The section leaders will keep you informed about the music for auditions as we get closer to band camp.
Auditions will be held during band camp!
2) Do we need to wear anything specific to band camp? No, you don't! We recommend wearing light-weight clothes that you would exercise in. The only requirement is that you wear tennis shoes. Also, bring plenty of water!
3) Where do we meet for events such as Scholarship Auditions, Brass Day, J-Day Game, Band Camp? Contact your section leaders to find out the exact location. We attached a map of the campus that will hopefully make finding Mason Hall easier. http://www.jsu.edu/campusmap/?Mason_Hall_
4) Do you need to sign up for a specific class to be a part of the Marching Southerners? Yes. At orientation, you will need to sign up for either MU192 or 392. Once you do this, you will officially be enrolled in the Southerners. You MUST be signed up for the class to march.
5) Do we need sign up for band camp? Yes! You will sign up by clicking on the BAND CAMP REGISTRATION tab under "Events/Band Camp".
6) When are concert band auditions? Auditions for the fall semester happen after band camp and before school. There will be sign up sheets for these auditions about a week before they happen. Music for auditions will be posted around May!