Hometown: Semmes, Alabama
High School: Mary G. Montgomery High School
Message to Potential Members: Make as many friends and memories as you can! Your time as a Southerner will fly by, but the memories will last a lifetime.
Hometown: Smyrna, Georgia
High School: McEachern High School
Message to Potential Members: Cherish every moment because it’ll go by so fast! Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and introduce yourself to new people- you might just meet your lifelong best friends! Most importantly, have fun and love what you do. You have a big family ready to welcome you with loving arms!!
1) Do we have to audition to make the clarinet line? Yes, you do! The auditions are not meant to be stressful. They are a combination of marching technique, attitude, and playing ability. The section leaders will keep you informed about the music for auditions as we get closer to band camp.
Music Auditions will be submitted by video prior to band camp and visual auditions will take place during camp!
2) Do we need to wear anything specific to band camp? No, you don't! We recommend wearing light-weight clothes that you would exercise in. The only requirement is that you wear tennis shoes. Also, bring plenty of water!
3) Where do we meet for events such as Scholarship Auditions, Woodwind Day, J-Day Game, Band Camp?Contact your section leaders to find out the exact location. We attached a map of the campus that will hopefully make finding Mason Hall easier. http://www.jsu.edu/campusmap/?Mason_Hall_
4) Do you need to sign up for a specific class to be a part of the Marching Southerners? Yes. At orientation, you will need to sign up for either MU192 or 392. Once you do this, you will officially be enrolled in the Southerners. You MUST be signed up for the class to march.
5) Do we need sign up for band camp? Yes! You will sign up by clicking on the BAND CAMP REGISTRATION tab under "Events/Band Camp".
6) When are concert band auditions? Auditions for the fall semester happen after band camp and before school. There will be sign up sheets for these auditions about a week before they happen. Music for auditions will be posted around May!
Regardless of whether you have marched or what instrument you have played, you are welcome to audition to be in the Southerners Clarinet Line as long as you have an open mind and a sincere interest in music! For details regarding camp/auditions, contact us!